'WAEC seized my English results thrice' - Interview with Patrick Obahiagbon

patrick obahiagbon


This is a very interesting interview with Gbenro Adeoye of Punch Newspapres..I apparentl didn't understand most of it either!

Did you write exams in school in these big words?
I used such words very-very freely in my exams both at the secondary school and in my university and little wonder I had the misfortune of my English results being seized intermittently in my O’ Levels.
WAEC released my results for the other subjects and withheld my English result. This happened for about three years. Twice, I passed the University Matriculation Examination but I could not proceed to the University because of my English results that were not released. At the end of the day, it was released after the third attempt.

Why do you always speak ‘big grammar’?
I am not really consensus ad idem with those who opine that my idiolect is advertently obfuscative. No no no, it’s just that I am in my elements when the colloquy has to do with the pax nigeriana of our dreams and one necessarily needs to fulminate against the alcibiadian modus vivendi of our prebendal political class.

How do you talk to your wife, children and even your friends? 
I relate with my family and friends very warmly and in an atmosphere of camaraderie, stri-pped of my confutational habiliment and gladiatorial homilies. I am a very peaceful, calm, level-headed and celestially attuned soul personality. 

Is this the way you proposed to your wife, speaking high tech grammar?
Of course, the business of the day when I interfaced with my wife on matters of the heart had to be in plain Caeser’s language and you can decipher why that had to be so. The matter in view did not permit itself of sphinxian conundrum.

Do you know that many people don’t take you too seriously when you talk because they think you are not communicating ?
Why will I be perturbed from ensconcing myself in the palatable arms of Morpheus because people have deprived themselves of the cultivation of the regime of the mental magnitude? I read all the farrago of baloneys and vacuous bunkum from pepper soup objurgators. The spirit of animadversion remains their fundamental human right. It also remains an indubitable fact that I get millions and millions of requests daily from people all over the world requesting for my verbal mentorship which positive cosmopolitan reactions have assisted my equipoise and righteous sense of pachydermatous garb. I cannot put my nose to the grindstone daily and expect to be understood by those luxuriating in a modus vivendi, verging on pepper souping, goat heading, suyaing, big stouting and isiewulising. Has a philosophical wag not once pontificated that things of the spirit are spiritually discerned and that it takes the deep to call the deep? We will speak more on this matter of critiques and chichi dodo another day.

Why do you pull your trousers up beyond the waist? 
Hahahaha….That trousers style is called Yohji Yamamoto. It was my own audacious statement to remonstrate against the pervasive tendency of Nigerians especially our youths that took to the practice of putting on trousers exposing their lower anatomical contours and I will do it over and over again 

21 comments:

  1. Unneccessary grandiloquence. Get a life and a smaller dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make this man go sit down ibeg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meen...make dis man no go scatter my brain for early momo,na hin understand hin sef...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dictionary contains both plain words and high sounding ones. So why should anything be wrong if he chooses to use the latter? Like he said, only those who are intellectually sound themselves can decipher his speeches. The man that says honourable Patrick is being uneccessarily "grandiloquent" is himself guilty of the same "offence". Or is there no other word for "grandiloquent?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dis man do all dis 2 get interview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like jor..love when he said he proposed to his now wife, in big grammar, sure she was confused when he was speaking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lmao! Well Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHA****Y waEc nO go hold ur English result with DIX big grammerz?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one has a right 2 criticise dis man...dis is who he is...so critics...u r d ones to get a life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's inferiority complex that will kill you. You are supporting that nonsense he is speaking. Cα̇и you tell me the meaning of pax nigeriana? Which english dictionary translates latin words? U are opening your buchal cavity to call people critics. You particularly should also get a life along side patrick obaghiagbon.

      Delete
  10. i beg live am now, no bi we Nigerians like Action film now so make them they play they go, we go they watch nah.
    Imagine make i want go buy something for market make i come they lamba them this kind grammar, woo na hunger go kill me oooo.
    Can you imagine isiewulising, this man they use bread they pack our soup but mi no ko ge, make him pack commot, if oyinbo no carry english come she we no go speak our language, no bi there tradition way them bring come self they give us problem now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who say make u na 2 be olodo abeg ma una leave the man o,becos na waiting u no u go use chop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dis man no go kill me wit dis grammer ooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dis your english don answer the question to why waec seize your english result.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't mind that man. Some of those words he uses are not even english words. He's confused A₪d keeps confusing himself. What in heaven's ηαмє is "chichi dodo", what is "isiewulising", what is "suyaing". If he kept writing "pax nigeriana" in WAEC he would continue to fail because pax is latin A₪d not english. So what is nigeriana? So he is JƱڪτ entertaining тнє masses. Let him join a comedy group.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 4get that man, he is possessed by an evil spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Imagine, Jst bcos say U no sabi d gramma wey d intelligent smart guy dey speak, U conclude say "na evil spirit". Naija........

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lmao.. He prays like this? Jeez!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This man is a commendian and not a grammarian,e should jst join lite of basketmouth,alibaba in doin commedy cos am still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the trouser part. You can speak what you want, its a free world

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks to Mr Benson for helping to check and upgrade my waec result to excellent grades and I feel very happy for what Mr Benson did for me God bless you sir. my fellow student if you are having problem with your Waec, Neco and GCE results, and you want to upgrade your result, call Mr Benson on this number (07054764955) because he is the only person that can help you.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed this? Keep dropping your Comments as the Top 3 Overall Commentators will get gifts from Us at the end of the Month.